The VaultRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for the minecraft fallout RP server the VaultRP

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Expanding on the faction line-up a little?/ Allow a little more user content?

Go down 
+2
InvdrZim13
CaptainKidd77
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CaptainKidd77

Expanding on the faction line-up a little?/ Allow a little more user content? Empty
PostSubject: Expanding on the faction line-up a little?/ Allow a little more user content?   Expanding on the faction line-up a little?/ Allow a little more user content? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 2:32 pm

OK so here's the deal,
Currently, we have 3 main factions; NCR, BoS, and Enclave. Problem is, at least 2 of these factions are very similar (BoS and Enclave) and there isn't much room to RP without being part of one of these 3.
Now, I wasn't here when the Sprocket incident went down, but I believe that it shouldn't sit as a reason to frown upon towns and sub-factions from one isolated incident.
My proposal is that the Staff (In conjunction with the players) come up with some ideas for either:
- A new player hub (Town).
- Some small sub-factions that will be heavily regulated and led by trusted members of the player-base.

"But Kidd, how would this help us?"

Player Town

Well this could start off as a small settlement made almost entirely by legitamately obtained items (Maybe things like the walls and plots could be decided with Staff). It would allow players to RP somewhere new and if there was something that could draw people to it e.g. Chinatown's gunstore (In this case, maybe a sign shop?) Wastelanders could have somewhere to go and be safe and if an RP war asset was placed within them, it could allow the factions to fight over control of them (without stealing and slaughtering the inhabitants constantly).

Small Sub-factions
I know that Sub-factions are always a sore subject, but that's because regulation of them can fail in some aspects and many decide to instantly follow the "We're neutral and super friendly to all lolz" path. I propose that sub-factions be added in small numbers (Say 2 subfactions with 5 people each to begin with?) and could represent different parts of the Fallout world e.g. Mercs, Tribals, Caravaneers, Raiders(*Refer to bottom) etc. This would allow the server to expand on Fallout lore and canon by adding our own themed sub-factions, and give people a place to go if they feel NCR, BoS and Enclave are not for them. The sub-factions should be starkly unique in their beliefs and lore, while sticking to Fallout Canon.

So that, in my opinion, is what we could benefit from as a server if these small additions were made. Thanks for giving the post your time Smile

* Raiders are usually frowned upon, but I think that if someone trusted and with plenty of RPing skills, they could be a viable sub-faction, albeit maybe in a Omertas/ Kings kind of way.

- Kidd.
Back to top Go down
InvdrZim13

InvdrZim13

Expanding on the faction line-up a little?/ Allow a little more user content? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expanding on the faction line-up a little?/ Allow a little more user content?   Expanding on the faction line-up a little?/ Allow a little more user content? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:06 pm

I'll bring it up with staff, though we also have legion now Razz so Legion is the "raider" group, though they are more slaver than raider
Back to top Go down
CaptainKidd77

PostSubject: Re: Expanding on the faction line-up a little?/ Allow a little more user content?   Expanding on the faction line-up a little?/ Allow a little more user content? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:48 pm

Yeah I heard, isn't the server a bit too far west for Legion Razz
Back to top Go down
kzour

PostSubject: Re: Expanding on the faction line-up a little?/ Allow a little more user content?   Expanding on the faction line-up a little?/ Allow a little more user content? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:59 am

Sounds good with trusted RPer's this would work for sure, But you have to remember that there are asses on the server that would ruin it. Also the leigon is here to early and I hope they are defeated and no not to far west.
Back to top Go down
InvdrZim13

InvdrZim13

PostSubject: Re: Expanding on the faction line-up a little?/ Allow a little more user content?   Expanding on the faction line-up a little?/ Allow a little more user content? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 5:38 pm

Well if Kidd wanted a subfaction or town he's trusted enough to have one
Back to top Go down
CaptainKidd77

PostSubject: Re: Expanding on the faction line-up a little?/ Allow a little more user content?   Expanding on the faction line-up a little?/ Allow a little more user content? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 9:47 am

Sweet Very Happy Although if I decided to go through with either of them Kzour, I can guarantee that I'd keep a no-nonsense attitude. I'm usually relatively lenient with my sub-factions, Hell, they aren't supposed to be super-organised, but I ensure that every single member is well-versed in the lore and rules of that faction. I tend to pass over the baton of leader once the faction is given a strong basis, and I can trust the new leader to continue the sub-factions beliefs and rules, as well as incorporate new and interesting ideas to it.

I'm always willing to help expand on the lore, and give people more reasons to join and enjoy this amazing concept. And if I can make a sustainable mark on it in the process, that's cool too Very Happy

- Kidd.
Back to top Go down
bevr

PostSubject: Re: Expanding on the faction line-up a little?/ Allow a little more user content?   Expanding on the faction line-up a little?/ Allow a little more user content? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 8:35 pm

Last edited by bevr on Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
InvdrZim13

InvdrZim13

PostSubject: Re: Expanding on the faction line-up a little?/ Allow a little more user content?   Expanding on the faction line-up a little?/ Allow a little more user content? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 1:13 pm

Then post it in sub factions, cap of 5 etc etc
Back to top Go down
Dexevara

Dexevara

PostSubject: Re: Expanding on the faction line-up a little?/ Allow a little more user content?   Expanding on the faction line-up a little?/ Allow a little more user content? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 3:38 pm

bevr wrote:
With the Enclave disbanded, I request that the survivng enclave members be allowed to start a small Caravan subfaction. We have already begun working on a base, so ya...
You can be remnants but now a caravan.
Back to top Go down
https://thevaultrp.forumotion.com
penguinbait

PostSubject: Re: Expanding on the faction line-up a little?/ Allow a little more user content?   Expanding on the faction line-up a little?/ Allow a little more user content? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 9:47 pm

Dexevara wrote:
bevr wrote:
With the Enclave disbanded, I request that the survivng enclave members be allowed to start a small Caravan subfaction. We have already begun working on a base, so ya...
You can be remnants but now a caravan.
Enclave is still here ask Rev Im its Captain
Back to top Go down
bevr

PostSubject: Re: Expanding on the faction line-up a little?/ Allow a little more user content?   Expanding on the faction line-up a little?/ Allow a little more user content? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 2:56 pm

Forget what I posted before, I don't know what I was thinking at the time... bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Expanding on the faction line-up a little?/ Allow a little more user content?   Expanding on the faction line-up a little?/ Allow a little more user content? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Expanding on the faction line-up a little?/ Allow a little more user content?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The VaultRP :: Staff :: Staff Suggestions-
Jump to: