The VaultRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for the minecraft fallout RP server the VaultRP

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A plausible solution to stop ragging

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BACON_NATOR

A plausible solution to stop ragging  Empty
PostSubject: A plausible solution to stop ragging    A plausible solution to stop ragging  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 3:17 pm

What the suggestion is(plugin, rules update, idea you think could work, etc.): Get staff out of factions and let shit happen.
Why we should have it: We need all the staff OUT of factions and OUT of faction politics and wars No offense or insult by this but the ruin everything. A Example of this is the Past when Admins were NOT allowed into factions Things were peaceful there was little ragging about O this was spawned This was this Because there was no admin to scap goat. Also another reason why we NEED this is the server is to ristricting im sorry but what is the point of joining a faction or war if whoever wins or loses gets is chosen or banned because admins say they do this makes a pointless and useless cycle of boring that has plaqued the vault since Utah. Also all War/Raid restrictions are useless and Gay You are not able to enter another base or you get banned you cant devise a way into a base that is NOT a bridge or 1x1 or else the rules are altered on the spot and you are banned and THIS is why there is so much rag and bitching. What needs to happen is Not O you cant do that Im a admin do what i say O i lead a faction and Im admin do what i say no It needs to be if a faction lives or dies is debated thru player interactions with less limiting Restrictions which is what made this server great and not what it has been turning into.

PS:when I say The war/raid rules need to be gone I mean they need to be changed from basically allowing no PvP or fighting to You can enter and Raid Bases BUT you are only allowed to raid for 5 min after that you have to leave. Or you must announce a raid 5 Min. before attacking, You can not kill 1 person repeatably unless he attacks first etc.
Back to top Go down
revolvingocelot

PostSubject: Re: A plausible solution to stop ragging    A plausible solution to stop ragging  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 4:26 pm

Actually raiding has caused a million problems cause they're often not organized and when people do it all they do is storm in and KoS.
And I say limit atleast 1 staff in a faction or if an admin is leader they have to just lead but not get heavily involved with shit. They can be guides and moderate the rules but not be fucking nazis.

Players being leaders can't be trusted.
Back to top Go down
25th

25th

PostSubject: Re: A plausible solution to stop ragging    A plausible solution to stop ragging  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 4:41 pm

There is a tin line between a pvp server raid of a faction & a rp server raid of a faction. By having staff be present keeps that line strong. The last thing we need is one faction going against lore & committing genocide everywhere due to being player lead.
Back to top Go down
InvdrZim13

InvdrZim13

PostSubject: Re: A plausible solution to stop ragging    A plausible solution to stop ragging  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 5:40 pm

revolvingocelot wrote:
Actually raiding has caused a million problems cause they're often not organized and when people do it all they do is storm in and KoS.
And I say limit atleast 1 staff in a faction or if an admin is leader they have to just lead but not get heavily involved with shit. They can be guides and moderate the rules but not be fucking nazis.

Players being leaders can't be trusted.
Only faction without staff is BoS. Only faction with two permanent staff members is legion because Dex and I make sure players in it don't just raid
Back to top Go down
CaptainKidd77

PostSubject: Re: A plausible solution to stop ragging    A plausible solution to stop ragging  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:06 am

Just to offer an opinion,
I agree with a small amount of what you say Bacon; A faction's life should depend on whether it is destroyed during RP and not because of Staff verdict. However, raiding is a key part of most factions, whereas it doesn't make any sense for others to do so. Example:

BoS: The West Coast BoS is quite secretive, they tend to stick to their base and perform recon using their knights etc. They would need a VERY good reason to raid somewhere, as they would face harsh repercussions.

NCR: NCR wants to be seen as the peace-keepers and general good guys. They possess a lot of strategic knowledge and want to gain the support of the people. Raiding (ideally) should be reserved for rescuing VIPs or POWs and for pushing into a new area (Hence the Outposts idea I've been seeing).

Legion: Legion are obviously well-known for raiding and enslaving people, but they aren't complete brutes who don't understand the need for it. They raid when they see a tactical advantage (forcing one of the other factions to react, taking over a place of interest etc). In reality the Legion are one of the most disciplined factions, and they raid for similar reasons to the NCR, albeit it isn't POWs, it's slaves.

Enclave: Enclave are a more aggressive version of BoS. However, they are still very much weak and vulnerable, and therefore need to keep themselves from the main attention of the war. Most of the factions want the Enclave dead, so they should only really raid if they want test subjects, or they are taking advantage of another raid (Legion raiding NCR and the Enclave come in to clear up both of them in the confusion etc.).

As always, this is just my opinion. But I atleast hope that you guys can see the reasoning behind most of my decisions for them, since in my opinion, it fits the lore appropriately.

- Kidd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A plausible solution to stop ragging    A plausible solution to stop ragging  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A plausible solution to stop ragging
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The VaultRP :: Staff :: Staff Suggestions-
Jump to: