The VaultRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for the minecraft fallout RP server the VaultRP

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Controlling War

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheVaultDweller

TheVaultDweller

Controlling War Empty
PostSubject: Controlling War   Controlling War Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:47 am

Alot of the grievances on this particular launch has been caused by the way factions have been warring, people get annoyed when they feel that they have been the victim of an unfair battle.
So I'd suggest that Factions leaders communicate with each other OOC, and decide a few things before organising their faction for war.
This should include a battlefield, fronts, and a time to attack, and mutual trust that each faction will follow the "script"

for instance, two factions might agree that they would meet by the ruins of Sprocket, and that one of them would attack first on a right flank, a battle would ensue, and the winner would gain the next 'move', which may be a counter attack, or an advance on the next flank.

This format would provide much more structured PvP fun for the players, at the expense of the time and effort of the faction leaders, whose maturity is pivotal if this method is to work.
The main problem with raids, wars etc. is that they are unorganised, and easily get out of hand, many people willing to bend rules just so that they can 'win'.
Leaders scripting the battles, but not the outcome would put everyone on the same level, and could be used to take over/ defend the outposts that'll soon be incorperated into the server

ground rules include:
Total confidentiallity and trust between Faction leaders OOC
Maturity on the part of faction leaders

Pros include:

Not a lot for people to complain about if they lose
The most accurate war simluation possible on a minecraft RP server.

give me your immediate reaction, agree ,or disagree?
Back to top Go down
GeneralHewitt

Controlling War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Controlling War   Controlling War Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:18 pm

This is a great idea and feel it should be implemented into how the factions run wars. However like all ideas I feel us as the staff should review it extensively in order to insure that if it would be implemented we would have to write an extensive guide to rules of engagement. However with this being a worldwide server, getting the entire faction to battle may be difficult. Perhaps certain times on weekends may be set place where each battle may take place. As each battle is won the victorious faction could advance to the next battleground thus pushing closer to the enemy's base until the final battle takes place at the enemy's base and the victor of the war may be decided. This could contain the battle and prevent an emence amount of complains of raids and whatnot. There would have to be designed battlefields and each battle must be monitered by staff in order to keep count of troop respawn limits and other such things which may ensure no cheating. Also a way to determine a winner of a battleust be determined. Its a good idea and we should expand it a bit more. Sure it would make things a bit different than it is but this also prevents one member of a faction from logging on while no one else is logged on and taking over a base, looting it, and KOS any members that log on (its happened in past launches). Thankyou for the suggestion and I will make sure to talk about it with other staff members.

-Hew
Back to top Go down
25th

25th

Controlling War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Controlling War   Controlling War Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 4:43 pm

I've got to admit, after reading this my jaw was dropped to the floor with happiness. This is a great idea, it would be quite nice to see if the staff would expand upon this as well. I can agree with Hewit as well on the matter. This would actually allow us to have set dates for wars & keep the lore going as it should.
Back to top Go down
GeneralHewitt

Controlling War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Controlling War   Controlling War Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 2:59 pm

Well with a little discussion with staff we have found that "scripted" battles may become a bit bland after a while. Also finding times for factions to fight would be difficult considering this is a worldwide server. If one faction is all American and one is all European then it may difficult to find a reasonable time for battle.

We are still trying to figure something out and thank you for your suggestion.
Back to top Go down
TheVaultDweller

TheVaultDweller

Controlling War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Controlling War   Controlling War Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:21 pm

Thanks for the input!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Controlling War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Controlling War   Controlling War Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Controlling War
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The VaultRP :: Staff :: Staff Suggestions-
Jump to: