The VaultRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for the minecraft fallout RP server the VaultRP

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ban Appeal for kasey22

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KaseyDaMan

Ban Appeal for kasey22 Empty
PostSubject: Ban Appeal for kasey22   Ban Appeal for kasey22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 5:27 pm

Username:Kasey22
Person who banned them:Dexevara
Time of ban(if you know when or an aproximation:Around 17h00
Duration:3 days
Reason:Building a staircase to jump in a faction base
Other notes:Building in faction bases are not legit way to raid.See the unwritten rule post.

Your IGN: kasey22
Who banned you(if you know): Dexevara
Why you were banned: Building a staircase to jump into a base.
How long you were banned for(bans of one day or less will be ignored): Four days. I was banned for one day at first by Someone else, i can't remember his name, except that he's the Mysterious Stranger for that one guy.
Why you should be unbanned(paragraph or so): I did not break any rules. I built a staircase, using over seventy dirt blocks, outside of a faction base. The only rule that could possibly pertain to this is the "Building in faction bases" rule. I didn't build inside a faction base. The legion base is protected, I am unable to build inside it. It isn't a 1x1, or anything that could be construed as one under any circumstances. It's a large staircase.
I'd like to be unbanned immediately, or at least given a better reason for why I'm banned than the one I have recieved.

Back to top Go down
Dexevara

Dexevara

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal for kasey22   Ban Appeal for kasey22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 5:32 pm

You were banned for building your way in a base. A dirt staircase doesnt make any sense. It might not be a 1x1 tower but it is still illegal. Take the time of your ban to understand what Common Sense is.
Back to top Go down
https://thevaultrp.forumotion.com
KaseyDaMan

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal for kasey22   Ban Appeal for kasey22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 5:46 pm

There is no rule against building your way in using realistic structures.
And I don't want to insult you, but what drugs are you on that a dirt staircase doesn't make sense? You could explain it as packed, dried dirt. You could explain it as a hill. There are so many realistic ways to make a dirt staircase.
Please show me the rule that says "no building into bases"

"-No griefing at ALL, except RP related grief (it better be a good RP reason too)
-Respect The staff and players
-If you have a complaint or suggestion, please report it on our forums, nowhere else
- No 1x1 towers or bridges to break into bases
-Chests can be looted
-NO COUPS. IF YOU THINK YOU'RE A BETTER LEADER TALK TO STAFF ABOUT IT.
-No backseat moderating
-Use common sense, there are some rules not stated do require common sense, so are exempt from being put on The rules list
-No breaking into main faction bases and looting them unless in wartime
-Subfactions are allowed but raider subfactions are forbidden and The player that attempted to make and organize one will be banned if they try to make one on The server.
-To obtain Faction/subfaction status, please fill out The faction application to be approved or denied."

Those are the written rules. It says nowhere that you can't build in using a realistic structure, such as a dirt mound.

"-No use of ender pearls
-Only BoS and Enclave can wear PA and can choose who in the faction can wear it (cannot be a low ranked member). Once you leave the faction you lose the ability to wear it.
-Only certain factions can chain or cuff
-Doesn't matter who you are no frivolous RP and weird awkward RP like sex on radio, local with people around, global, etc. Also no raping
-Including no anal probing and things like this
-Many items are known as different things IC (Example: Diamonds are powercells)
-No Stupid RP suicide
-No random rp death
-No using color codes in chat
-You must wait 3 days before joining a new faction after leaving your old one
-You cannot rob your faction before you leave it
-No shorthand typing IC (Examples: srry, o, u ur)
-No living in dungeons/loot areas
-No building in faction bases(Staircases,ladder,pineapples,whatever...)
-Burning is griefing"

Those are the "Written unwritten rules," and they don't make any mention of that either.
So please, PLEASE tell me what rule I have broken again? And don't tell me that using a dirt staircase, which would be better explained in-RP as just a big ol' dirt mound, is a break in common sense. Because it isn't.
Back to top Go down
Dexevara

Dexevara

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal for kasey22   Ban Appeal for kasey22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 5:56 pm

-No building in faction bases(Staircases,ladder,pineapples,whatever...)

Building in means, building your way in. Also try to make a a dirt staircase in real life Wink
Back to top Go down
https://thevaultrp.forumotion.com
KaseyDaMan

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal for kasey22   Ban Appeal for kasey22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 6:05 pm

In the context, "building in" does not mean "building into." It means "building inside."
Go to google images. Search for a dirt staircase. Look at the second image. There are stairs like that all over the place.
So dirt staircases aren't realistic?

Also, you can consider it to be a simple hill, rather than a staircase. I just got a bunch of dirt, and made it into a hill that I can climb that will give me a high enough vantage to jump in.

I have proved that dirt staircases are realistic, and that I didn't do anything wrong. I can haz unban pl0x?
Back to top Go down
KaseyDaMan

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal for kasey22   Ban Appeal for kasey22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 7:12 pm

I notice that you haven't further responded, or unbanned me. What's with that? Should I PM some other mod/admin, or what?
Back to top Go down
InvdrZim13

InvdrZim13

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal for kasey22   Ban Appeal for kasey22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:06 pm

KaseyDaMan wrote:
In the context, "building in" does not mean "building into." It means "building inside."
Go to google images. Search for a dirt staircase. Look at the second image. There are stairs like that all over the place.
So dirt staircases aren't realistic?

Also, you can consider it to be a simple hill, rather than a staircase. I just got a bunch of dirt, and made it into a hill that I can climb that will give me a high enough vantage to jump in.

I have proved that dirt staircases are realistic, and that I didn't do anything wrong. I can haz unban pl0x?
No building into faction bases
Back to top Go down
KaseyDaMan

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal for kasey22   Ban Appeal for kasey22 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:34 pm

But what rule says that?!? There is no rule that says that! I didn't build anything that was against the rules, IE, 1x1's, and I didn't build inside a base, either. I did nothing against the stated rules!

And don't pull out common sense, either. Because the obvious choice, if I cannot break blocks, and I cannot make 1x1's, is to build something that is not a 1x1, and to climb in without breaking in.
Back to top Go down
InvdrZim13

InvdrZim13

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal for kasey22   Ban Appeal for kasey22 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 12:10 am

KaseyDaMan wrote:
But what rule says that?!? There is no rule that says that! I didn't build anything that was against the rules, IE, 1x1's, and I didn't build inside a base, either. I did nothing against the stated rules!

And don't pull out common sense, either. Because the obvious choice, if I cannot break blocks, and I cannot make 1x1's, is to build something that is not a 1x1, and to climb in without breaking in.
The unspoken rule clearly says no building into faction bases, don't weasel around the 1x1 rule by saying you made a mound.
You can't just build into a main base which is why were are trying out the outpost concept
Back to top Go down
KaseyDaMan

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal for kasey22   Ban Appeal for kasey22 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 12:59 am

The rule states "No building in faction bases."
Since when does "in" mean "into"? You are twisting words that were obviously not meant to be that way just to keep me banned. And yes, I can "weasel out" of it as you put it. The point of the 1x1 rule is that 1x1's are not RP friendly. A dirt mound is. I did the dirt mound solely to keep my invasion RP friendly, and yet you guys are twisting it around, making it seem like dirt mounds are some unheard of thing, that only exists in hidden South American villages, and you have to complete the golden trials of Huaj'A'Nalla to learn about. Dirt mounds are simple, simple things.

The point of the 1x1 rule is not to keep people from invading. It's to keep invasions RP friendly.

Just because you legion guys are hurting because me and wheels got in and stomped you doesn't mean you have the right to ban people like this.
Back to top Go down
InvdrZim13

InvdrZim13

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal for kasey22   Ban Appeal for kasey22 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 1:32 am

KaseyDaMan wrote:
The rule states "No building in faction bases."
Since when does "in" mean "into"? You are twisting words that were obviously not meant to be that way just to keep me banned. And yes, I can "weasel out" of it as you put it. The point of the 1x1 rule is that 1x1's are not RP friendly. A dirt mound is. I did the dirt mound solely to keep my invasion RP friendly, and yet you guys are twisting it around, making it seem like dirt mounds are some unheard of thing, that only exists in hidden South American villages, and you have to complete the golden trials of Huaj'A'Nalla to learn about. Dirt mounds are simple, simple things.

The point of the 1x1 rule is not to keep people from invading. It's to keep invasions RP friendly.

Just because you legion guys are hurting because me and wheels got in and stomped you doesn't mean you have the right to ban people like this.
No it says into faction bases, I'm pretty sure you got spanked right out of the base

Last edited by InvdrZim13 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
InvdrZim13

InvdrZim13

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal for kasey22   Ban Appeal for kasey22 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 1:32 am

Ban appealing: How not to do

-No building into faction bases(Staircases,ladder,pineapples,whatever...)

Oh look at that, it does say into, dex doesn't have mastery over english as it isn't his first language
Back to top Go down
KaseyDaMan

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal for kasey22   Ban Appeal for kasey22 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 4:42 pm

You seriously changed the rule in order to keep me banned. What the hell man?

And is english YOUR first language? "spaked" isn't a word.

I think you mean "spanked," and if by "spanked" you mean "killed two of our dudes and nearly killed a pvplogger," then yes. I did get "spanked," as you put it. The only reason I got killed was because dex logged in with his spawned sharpness V sword.

Anyway, I'm going to PM rev because you guys are being ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
InvdrZim13

InvdrZim13

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal for kasey22   Ban Appeal for kasey22 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:35 pm

KaseyDaMan wrote:

I think you mean "spanked," and if by "spanked" you mean "killed two of our dudes and nearly killed a pvplogger," then yes. I did get "spanked," as you put it. The only reason I got killed was because dex logged in with his spawned sharpness V sword.

I'm on my phone, I made a spelling mistake sue me. This is exactly why your ban was extended. You're exactly like an old player who whenever he was banned would argue and argue with staff that HE was right and all of the staff were wrong. Stop arguing with staff, we know the rules best. His weapon wasn't spawned in genius, sharp 5 is common and your tone isn't getting you unbanned. For the record, rev agrees that you're in the wrong.
Back to top Go down
KaseyDaMan

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal for kasey22   Ban Appeal for kasey22 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:09 pm

Fuck it, I'm done. I'll just let the ban go through, and I won't bother with trying anything clever to get around the rules anymore. Obviously it's pointless with mods as diligent as you guys.
Back to top Go down
TheDevilsPoet

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal for kasey22   Ban Appeal for kasey22 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 9:19 pm

InvdrZim13 wrote:
KaseyDaMan wrote:

I'm on my phone, I made a spelling mistake sue me. This is exactly why your ban was extended. You're exactly like an old player who whenever he was banned would argue and argue with staff that HE was right and all of the staff were wrong. Stop arguing with staff, we know the rules best. His weapon wasn't spawned in genius, sharp 5 is common and your tone isn't getting you unbanned. For the record, rev agrees that you're in the wrong.
:3
Mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ban Appeal for kasey22   Ban Appeal for kasey22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ban Appeal for kasey22
Page 1 of 1