The VaultRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for the minecraft fallout RP server the VaultRP

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bloysterman ban appeal

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bloysterman

Bloysterman ban appeal Empty
PostSubject: Bloysterman ban appeal   Bloysterman ban appeal Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 3:23 pm

Your IGN: Bloysterman
Who banned you(if you know): Not sure.
Why you were banned: Griefing
How long you were banned for(bans of one day or less will be ignored): Three days.
Why you should be unbanned(paragraph or so):

I won't say I don't know why I was banned, because I remember everything that I've done and likely done wrong. The worst of which being the iron block and the blaze spawner in Rob-co. The Rob-co facility was the first objective area I encountered on the server and when I entered I put down torches around the creeper spawner and destroyed the blaze spawner because it's instinctual, after playing minecraft for so long. Afterwords, I realized that this was an area made to be challenging and that I probably shouldn't have destroyed it. The Iron block was taken yesterday on impulse after I was running out of things to lockpick with and there's really no excuse for that. Sorry.

I've salvaged, over time, several book-cases from Library Buildings scattered across the map and I've also taken mossy stone from some of the smaller, ruined houses scattered around the map. Since they were neither Objective areas or integral, I simply assumed that they were able to be cannibalized, as per the post-apocalyptic setting. If not, sorry and it wont happen again. I never stole a nuka machine, however I did manage to come across the top half of one when I killed reaper and made my own bottom out of gold that I acquired through mining. I have never griefed my way in or out of an objective area.

You'll find that I've been a model inhabitant of this server, having no prior warnings or strikes to my name, have shown myself to be a generally nonabrasive person and have not argued with a moderator on any point when something I've done has been brought to my attention. I don't think my actions were or are particularly close to being as severe as those taken by Reaper and Blaze. Considering those points and the honesty and understanding I am approaching the situation with, I believe I deserve another chance by having the ban lifted. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Bloysterman

PostSubject: Re: Bloysterman ban appeal   Bloysterman ban appeal Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 2:19 am

Can we get a conversation going? close to 12 hours with no response is a little excessive. I was online when Rev was looking at all of the things griefed and I saw several names pop up who weren't banned. The Forum post mentions me being banned pretty much as an after-thought.

Quote :

Also I had to ban two people for griefing objectives or loot areas.
It was rediculous what I found:
Nuka cola machines stolen from the mart, along with the nuka cola machines, holes griefed into the mart and facility. Holes griefed into places supposed to lockpicked.
Basically the mart and the facility looked like swiss cheese.
I'm not pleased cause I had to set everything up just to have it griefed out of, not to mention people thinking it's cool to make doors where they shouldn't be or steal my damn nuka cola machines along with the dispensers.
Rev is not pleased.

Cannon and I had to go back and fix all the mess.
So
Blaze,
reapers
and bloyster you have been temp banned until you can appeal your mess.
I would ban a lot of others who did overt grief but they griefed it before hawk could detect who did it.
To punish those who took advantage of said loot, I might take the time tomorrow to remove all the loot chests and stuff and redo the loot in them.

Why were two people banned, with me added as an afterthought? I didn't do any of the things listed and despite that I didn't even get the benefit of a 'And Bloysterman did xyz.' I had to come out in all honesty and list the things that could have done it. I can say very confidently that the things that I did do could have been sorted out in game, without a ban. I'm at least somewhat rightfully annoyed.
Back to top Go down
25th

25th

PostSubject: Re: Bloysterman ban appeal   Bloysterman ban appeal Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 2:14 pm

Give them time, they are allowed to handle this for as long as they wish. Just trying to rush them will make this harder to get rid of. Besides, they are people. Not robots.
Back to top Go down
Bloysterman

PostSubject: Re: Bloysterman ban appeal   Bloysterman ban appeal Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 3:02 pm

25th wrote:
Give them time, they are allowed to handle this for as long as they wish. Just trying to rush them will make this harder to get rid of. Besides, they are people. Not robots.
Don't get me wrong. It's simply such a great server that I dislike not being able to play on it when I'm fairly certain I will be appealed if I'm able to sort it out with someone. I'm not a robot either, but I can take 3 minutes of my time to write a short post on any subject. 24 hours without a response feels like I'm simply being ignored, especially when mods have come and gone in the forums and come and gone in the thread. I'm sure there are those that have been playing all day. Is it a lack of communication between staff? Am I actually being ignored? I don't know. There hasn't been any communication, at all.
Back to top Go down
revolvingocelot

PostSubject: Re: Bloysterman ban appeal   Bloysterman ban appeal Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 5:51 pm

You have no idea how busy it is for me to check apps and talk with staff about the going on with the server.
I can't answer the 10 messages in my inbox all the time or check these forums sometimes.

Username: bloysterman
Time of ban(if you know when or an aproximation: Same day as blaze and reapers.
Duration: 3 days
Reason: I found the whole mossy building griefed away it would have been nice to take 1 or two blocks but the whole thing was gone. I found yeah, the spawners missing and then curiously you peeking into the spaceship? But that was minor. The iron block was a big nono, I think there were other blocks but my hawk couldnt detect it before you did.

I'm posting this to confirm what I saw and what goes with your story.

I'll deliver the final verdict when I get home.
Back to top Go down
Bloysterman

PostSubject: Re: Bloysterman ban appeal   Bloysterman ban appeal Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 6:13 pm

revolvingocelot wrote:
You have no idea how busy it is for me to check apps and talk with staff about the going on with the server.
I can't answer the 10 messages in my inbox all the time or check these forums sometimes.

Username: bloysterman
Time of ban(if you know when or an aproximation: Same day as blaze and reapers.
Duration: 3 days
Reason: I found the whole mossy building griefed away it would have been nice to take 1 or two blocks but the whole thing was gone. I found yeah, the spawners missing and then curiously you peeking into the spaceship? But that was minor. The iron block was a big nono, I think there were other blocks but my hawk couldnt detect it before you did.

I'm posting this to confirm what I saw and what goes with your story.

I'll deliver the final verdict when I get home.

Thanks for the response. My rational behind the mossy buildings were that they were just ruins and were not as important as the objective buildings that were constructed and customized to hold important items or serve as a challenge. I just saw so many pasted around the map that I didn't think as much of it. I suppose they are though. So they can be fixed, I'll say that I also took out the mossy floors of two other small ruins, one of them is near the power plant and the other is not far from the gas station. The ruined wall near the ?Trucks? I also took a few pieces of stone brick from. I explained my rational with the blaze spawner and it is a consistent explanation. I haven't destroyed any spawners in the objective zones since then which supports my claim that it was a reflexive decision made in the moment.

I remember peeking into the space shuttle. The door was open and I made a stairway to take a look inside because I thought it was an interesting landmark and in minecraft that's just what you do. I didn't take anything or notice any important Easter eggs, I didn't grief anything on it and there was nothing inside to take or loot. Nothing was lost or gained by the action, in my opinion.

I took the one iron block and that was wrong. I'm sorry and I'll gladly offer three or more in return. There were no other blocks. I've been completely honest so far about what I've done and I don't think it fair that blocks I only may have griefed be taken into consideration.
Back to top Go down
revolvingocelot

PostSubject: Re: Bloysterman ban appeal   Bloysterman ban appeal Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 6:52 pm

Alright this essay is good enough for me.
Could you possibly return the iron? as for the mossy I can't really do much about it.
Just keep in mind next time they're not to be griefed cause they're part of the aestetics.

Also did you know if you have a high enough herbalism you can make mossy yourself?
Back to top Go down
25th

25th

PostSubject: Re: Bloysterman ban appeal   Bloysterman ban appeal Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 6:55 pm

I'll just post this here to give a hand to anyone who wonders what all they can do with MCMMO. You would be suprised how many 'rare' blocks you can create with it.

http://mcmmo.wikia.com/wiki/McMMO_Wiki
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloysterman ban appeal   Bloysterman ban appeal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bloysterman ban appeal
Page 1 of 1