The VaultRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for the minecraft fallout RP server the VaultRP

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

25th Ban Appeal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
25th

25th

25th Ban Appeal Empty
PostSubject: 25th Ban Appeal   25th Ban Appeal Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 2:00 pm

Your IGN: 25th

Who banned you(if you know): Hewitt

Why you were banned: Griefing

How long you were banned for(bans of one day or less will be ignored): Three days.

Why you should be unbanned(paragraph or so):

When taking up the floor on the house, I was believing that is was covered in caps to fit the rp, that is what the common sense would suggest for the matter; seeing how gold clocks are simply a pile of caps due to gold ignorts/nuggets being caps. It is very hard to argue that this is not rp due to the fact that they ARE caps, layed along the ground. People can easily fill their pockets & bags with small items & replace a floor board quite quickly if they have the skills to do so.

I did not grief my way into the home, I simply entered through the door by opening it; it was a wooden door. By the common sense applied to the rp, all I saw was a floor filled with caps. Taking those caps & putting down new floor boarding made sense, as there would be a floor under the piles of caps. This is simply a miss-communication through the common sense rule, either way it would not have happened if the owner of the home did not leave their caps out & about. Who would not rp & take a pile of caps? Quite a few of us would.
Back to top Go down
revolvingocelot

25th Ban Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: 25th Ban Appeal   25th Ban Appeal Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 4:18 pm

You're in the wrong cause it was MADE out of caps.
And not only that, it's made of bottoms of nuka cola machines.
It's not just laying there like little nuggets. And it's besides the fact that it's just there, it's just that you took about 2 and a half stacks of BLOCKS of gold.
Multiplied by What?
Block > 9 gold ingots > 9 nuggets

64 + 64 + 32 = 160

160 * 9 = 1 440
1440 * 9 = 12 960

That's too much caps.
It's rediculous you would think that all those caps lying on the floor for you to lug out of there would be RP.

I don't see any RP reason to take about 2 stacks and a half made of nuka cola bottoms on a house and then basically replacing the place by wood.

My final verdict:
I don't think this should be appealed.
I think the amount of gold easily scavenged on a floor is rediculous.

EDIT:
We've been launched for a few weeks now.
And no one would scavenge the floor.
Why?
It's griefing.
That's been there from day 1 and I'm sure there have been plenty of people who saw it and didn't grief the hell out of it like you just did.
It's just the amount you took was rediculous.
Back to top Go down
revolvingocelot

25th Ban Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Addendum:   25th Ban Appeal Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 4:28 pm

On an added note:
"Who would not rp & take a pile of caps? Quite a few of us would."
It's kind of funny that in the 2 weeks we've been launched and possibly 20+ people have visited that house... You're the only one who thought it would be good to take all that flooring.
So no, not a few of us would, it was probably just you.
Back to top Go down
Dave!

Dave!

25th Ban Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: 25th Ban Appeal   25th Ban Appeal Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 5:54 pm

I'm the owner of the saloon and in Game's Overseer texture pack the blocks were checkered not half of a nuka machine, frankly it doesn't matter. Either texture did not look like a pile of caps, it sounds more like you thought no one would notice if you simply replaced the floor with planks. Common sense would of made you think that if you're not sure ask a member of staff or avoid a potential problem not just helping yourself.
Back to top Go down
25th

25th

25th Ban Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: 25th Ban Appeal   25th Ban Appeal Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 7:17 pm

If your using a different texture, then that is another case.

Still, it is a pile of caps. How the hell would you logically turn a pile of caps into a solid block, & then back again? You could not. Common sense says this is a pile of caps, you can not change that fact.
Back to top Go down
Dexevara

Dexevara

25th Ban Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: 25th Ban Appeal   25th Ban Appeal Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 7:42 pm

revolvingocelot wrote:
You're in the wrong cause it was MADE out of caps.
And not only that, it's made of bottoms of nuka cola machines.
It's not just laying there like little nuggets. And it's besides the fact that it's just there, it's just that you took about 2 and a half stacks of BLOCKS of gold.
Multiplied by What?
Block > 9 gold ingots > 9 nuggets

64 + 64 + 32 = 160

160 * 9 = 1 440
1440 * 9 = 12 960

That's too much caps.
It's rediculous you would think that all those caps lying on the floor for you to lug out of there would be RP.

I don't see any RP reason to take about 2 stacks and a half made of nuka cola bottoms on a house and then basically replacing the place by wood.

My final verdict:
I don't think this should be appealed.
I think the amount of gold easily scavenged on a floor is rediculous.

EDIT:
We've been launched for a few weeks now.
And no one would scavenge the floor.
Why?
It's griefing.
That's been there from day 1 and I'm sure there have been plenty of people who saw it and didn't grief the hell out of it like you just did.
It's just the amount you took was rediculous.
Enough said.
Back to top Go down
https://thevaultrp.forumotion.com
25th

25th

25th Ban Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: 25th Ban Appeal   25th Ban Appeal Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 7:53 pm

Great, now that the owner has spoken no one else will have their own opinions.

Heh, great social standings.
Back to top Go down
Dave!

Dave!

25th Ban Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: 25th Ban Appeal   25th Ban Appeal Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 8:13 pm

25th wrote:
If your using a different texture, then that is another case.

Still, it is a pile of caps. How the hell would you logically turn a pile of caps into a solid block, & then back again? You could not. Common sense says this is a pile of caps, you can not change that fact.

Still, it isn't. You're right that there is no RP way to turn a block of gold into caps yet you're trying to find an excuse for it. There's a simple way to show that you can't say it's RP, you dug up the floor and replaced it with a different surface, you literaly picked up the block and changed it to another, you can't say it's good rp if you took the floor with the caps and replaced it with a different material.
Back to top Go down
25th

25th

25th Ban Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: 25th Ban Appeal   25th Ban Appeal Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 8:23 pm

They are still caps, not a solid material in RP.

Why can we not accept this as a simply miss understanding? My version of common sense is different than yours obviously, more than likely due to that I see more than one thing in a single object. If I think it'll come into question, then I'll simply contact a staff member now.
Back to top Go down
Dexevara

Dexevara

25th Ban Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: 25th Ban Appeal   25th Ban Appeal Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 9:35 pm

25th wrote:
Great, now that the owner has spoken no one else will have their own opinions.

Heh, great social standings.
Quoting Rev to say I agree doesnt mean I have no opinion of my own. It only means that there is no way you are talking your way out of this shit.
Back to top Go down
https://thevaultrp.forumotion.com
InvdrZim13

InvdrZim13

25th Ban Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: 25th Ban Appeal   25th Ban Appeal Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 12:12 am

25th wrote:
They are still caps, not a solid material in RP.

Why can we not accept this as a simply miss understanding? My version of common sense is different than yours obviously, more than likely due to that I see more than one thing in a single object. If I think it'll come into question, then I'll simply contact a staff member now.
Then you should have said to staff "Why is this floor made of caps?" Only the "caps" are the bottom of nuka cola machine
Back to top Go down
25th

25th

25th Ban Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: 25th Ban Appeal   25th Ban Appeal Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 1:00 am

I was not saying I would have at the time, I was saying I will for now on. Must of miss worded it to seem as such.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

25th Ban Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: 25th Ban Appeal   25th Ban Appeal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

25th Ban Appeal
Page 1 of 1